Tuesday, August 3, 2010

For Granted

While I was lying on bed this weekend sick with fever, I went back to the days of my high school and college days or rather call it 'days when I was matured enough to think about others and not just myself'.
Then, whenever my mother was down with fever I never helped her. Even if I did it was after she told me to do so but not by self.
I knew I shouldn't be doing that yet I couldn't get myself up helping her.
She would just tell me once and not insist or complain about not giving her helping hand.
Lying sick in bed this time I realized how mother would have felt- so tired and weak yet carrying out the responsibility as usual.
For me at least, I had S who took over all my job while at the same time looked after my little brat.
But my mother wouldn't tell anyone...
I still take her for granted for so many things and I think even after realising this I will still continue to do so just because she is my Mother.
And I also know that she wouldn't complain in future too.
May be one day my girl too will start doing the same and I wouldn't complain.

No comments: