Friday, August 23, 2013

Recitation


I have been browsing the net from afternoon for children's poems as I have to prepare A for her recitation competition.

Every where the results seemed to be same 'Nursery Rhymes'. Other than rhymes I could hardly find anything.

Then I changed the search option to particular poets and I was pleased to find the kind of material that I wanted.

I couldn't stop sharing these two recitals as I enjoyed listening to them....

Make room for Elephants

I know the world's a crowded place,
And elephants do take up space,
But if it makes a difference, Lord,
I would gladly share me room and board.
A baby elephant would do,
But, if he brings his mother too,
There's dad's garage. He wouldn't mind.
To elephants he's more than kind,
But I wonder what our Mum would say,
If the elephant's father came to stay!

By Ruskin Bond

Someone

Some one came knocking
At my wee, small door;
Someone came knocking;
I'm sure-sure-sure;
I listened, I opened,
I looked to left and right,
But nought there was a stirring
In the still dark night;
Only the busy beetle
Tap-tapping in the wall,
Only from the forest
The screech-owl's call,
Only the cricket whistling
While the dewdrops fall,
So I know not who came knocking,
At all, at all, at all.

By Walter de la mare

No comments: