Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Hotel Diana

This is one of my husband's favourite hotels in Udupi(of his parents' too).
And that's the reason he didn't want me to miss it this time.
Though the entrance of the hotel looks somewhat old and unappealing, the circular pavement that leads to the first storey of the building catches ones attention immediately.
The pavement also hides in itself a small well which can easily be overlooked because of the greenery that surrounds the place.
The inside of the hotel is impeccably clean and if you visit the place during rainy season you can find a bucket placed next to every table:the reason, to keep your wet umbrellas.
The speciality of the place is their Gudbud ice cream (which i tasted alone:()but i liked their Masala Dosa more.
The dosas are crispy yet so soft that it melts the moment it reaches the mouth. The ghee adds to the taste.
Variety of chutneys that is provided for each dish is commendable.
I will remember their food for a very long time especially the savouring of Gudbud watching the heavy rains through the window next to me, though i missed my daughter and S by my side.

2 comments:

mouna said...

a friend was telling me that the ice creams near the coast are much tastier than what we have here. i still have to taste them.

shruthihegde said...

You should try it atleast once...
I did compare Hotel Diana's Gudbud with that of Pubba's of Mangalore so it didn't win... There's nothing to Pubba's Gudbud, you definitely have to taste it!