Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Home, sweet home...

It's been xactly one month since me and my family members moved into a new house -a rented house...

Having stayed in our own house for more than 20yrs was something luxurious (luxurious because we had the freedom to hammer nails on the walls to hang my mothers' never ending handicrafts, which is not allowed in a rented house).....

All those years i stayed in that house i never really liked it because of sooo many reasons.....such as....

* Important reason- I did not have a room of my own:(((

* Because i did not have my own room I always felt that my mom would find out about some of my secrets....

* Peeping neighbours- who loved to keep a track of others' life's activities ranging from who visited whom, at what time they visited and what time they left to the colour of your dress (sometimes even the dress colour of your guests)....

* Second category neighbours- who delighted themselves (in turn trying to please the GOD) in plucking the flowers from others' garden to perform their everyday pooja at home....

*Third category- who always fell short of a glass of milk or sugar and would come to your door step asking you to lend some.....

Having mentioned these negative aspects I always thought I would never miss the house after moving into a new one. But i was proved wrong just after a week...

Now,I have all the reasons to like the new house because now....

* I have my own room:)))

* House is quite spacious...

* No peeping neighbours.....

* What more, i don't have to mop the floor everyday 'coz nobody can make out on the marble floor if its mopped or not:))))

With all these positive aspects i am actually missing my old 'home'....


May be because i didn't have a separate room then, we all shared certain things together staying in a very close proximity....

Ofcourse there a few things which are really good about the new house but still that 'was' my HOME and it 'is' my new HOUSE now.....

2 comments:

Arun said...

came here via Mouna's blog.. Was surprised to see we share a blog name(url).. :)

shruthihegde said...

Oh,that's true arun...
They say it's a small world but now i think it's not only a small world but people use very small dictionaries too:)